I embrace life. I am carefree but harmless. I am playful but serious. I am complacent but not indifferent. I am a bowl of contradictions, but that's the first thing that makes me interesting.

 

 MIXED TAG
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 MIXED
 FRESHLY SQUEEZED
 MIX HITS
 MIXED LINKS

 

 
 
  Priceless
  Sppliarium by Imago   Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)   SA on Monday   Marketability   Must Read Books   Intel Logo in Maroon Color   Johnny Depp... JD... DJ?   Rocky 2006   360 Feedbacks
 
 
 MIXERS

 Word for the day: NEW

We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull.
Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.

 

16 January, 2006

Ultimate Saturday

Last Saturday, I went to UP for Ultimate. Actually, I asked Yug if I can join them on their Frisbee training. I arrived around 3pm but we started doing practice throws around 430pm. I never played Frisbee before and hopefully these trainings would help me know more about the basics and techniques of throwing a disc.

 

I learned backhand and forehand throws. I need to practice aiming and making the disc spin faster. My forehand sucks! Out of 10 attempts, I can only execute 2 successful throws. Praqctice, practice, practice. Thanks to Andrei and Yug for the tips! I blame my mouse and MS Excel! My wrist sucks… wahahaha!

 

I also learned some basic stuff about Frisbee… errr… Ultimate. It’s not just a game of 2 teams throwing a disc. It’s about the technique that you use. Aiming. Not to mention a good cardio-vascular system. You won’t be playing with Jack (the dog), your teammate won’t catch the disk with his mouth.

 

I had fun though we just had practice throws. I’m not sure I can play yet because you’ll just see me gasping for air after 2 or 3 rounds. I play sports but sports without any much running: badminton, volleyball, shopping and googling. I guess I need to cut my smoking and run at least 20minutes a day at the treadmill. I might jog around Gateway ala Forrest Gump. Run DJ Run!

 

I’ll be back next week. I hope to have better throws especially with my forehand grip. Now about the disc, I can’t find one. I hope Jesse can find some discs in Arizona mills. Calling Jesse, please buy me 3 discs. One in red, one in white, one in pink.

 

My Saturdays will be completely booked with Jogadores’ Ultimate Clinic.

 

By the way, thanks to Yug, Andrei, Jonar (errr…), Bruce, and Julie.

 

Bato-bato tayo!

 
  Mixed Times