I embrace life. I am carefree but harmless. I am playful but serious. I am complacent but not indifferent. I am a bowl of contradictions, but that's the first thing that makes me interesting.

 

 MIXED TAG
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 MIXED
 FRESHLY SQUEEZED
 MIX HITS
 MIXED LINKS

 

 
 
  Must Read Books
  Intel Logo in Maroon Color   Johnny Depp... JD... DJ?   Rocky 2006   360 Feedbacks   What's in store for 2006?   Move Over Fantastic Four   Barkada Trip Shirts: Intel Version   a farewell to 2005   New Year's Eve Party Tips
 
 
 MIXERS

 Word for the day: NEW

We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull.
Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.

 

05 January, 2006

Marketability

7-8am
Finalizing a report to be presented around 8am.

8-930am
VF Assy JIT Meeting. My analysis was ratified. My brain is shutting down already. I only got 2hrs of sleep... since Tuesday!

930-11am
Replied to emails. 4emails per minute! New record.

11am-12noon
Petiks over here. Petiks over there. Google here, Blog that.

12noon-1pm
Lunch = Coffee and Yosi. NEED TO STAY AWAKE!

1-1:30pm
Email managers regarding an IE 101 class that i'll open 2 weks from now.

1:30pm
RRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGG!!!!

"Hello, is this David John Diaz?"

"Yes, may I know who's calling?"

"This is Jane from XYZ company. We got your name from Mr. John Doe. Are you available for an interview tomorrow afternoon?"

"Uhmmmm," still with my very sleepy self, "I can't."

"How about tomorrow morning."

"I can't, i'm really busy this week."

"Just want to ask if you're interested to apply in our company."

Okay, at this point, my brain cells woke up. You might think that i'd reject XYZ company. "Just wondering, who referred me to your company?"

"Mr. John Doe"

Now, i don't remember meeting Mr. John Doe.

"Oh okay, i have to check my schedule first. I have a very tight schedule until next week. Can i call you back and arrange an interview?"

"Sure. Thanks!"

So will i call Jane and schedule an interview? I'm not quite sure. I mean, the company's great, some of my batchmates from college works there. They have a good CompenBen, etc. The position is in Marketing and Demand Planning. But who is John Doe? I asked Steph if she knows him and he said that John Doe is Djo's boss.

Honestly, I'm interested in the position being offered.

Anyway, yesterday, Elmer forwarded a soon to be open-req for a Communications Specialiist position. The ComSpec will work on mailblasts, newsletters, communication packages, videos, photos, anything about communication. The applicant must have some background on supply chain management, must be creative, etc. This job is great! And i really want to apply for this job when the req is open. Now, how to convince my boss?

Next Thursday, I'll have my self assessment review with him. I'll ask him the group's plans on rotating people in our org. I'm eyeing the Penryn EIT IE position. So let's see if they'll support me on this one. But if the position in which I'll rotate to will be something that i might not want to get, then i'll open up this ComSpec position.

"You own your Employability." Let's see if this works. I mean, if i do own it, then i can decide where to go. Why work on some job that you don't like anymore. I really want to take a new role. I'm almost on my 2nd year as an Operations IE. Quoting Migs, "I feel that i'm on a plateau." I need to go somewhere. Fast!

I'm keeping my options open. See, other companies would hire me! I mean, just last year, i received around 5 calls from different companies. This morning, i received a new call. Isn't great, that at least i'm still "marketable" outside Intel.

Huhummmm...
 
  Mixed Times